I was poking around the domain portfolio’s of a few of the larger brewers in the US, just looking at some of the domain names they own that aren’t actual beer brands.
None of the domain names below are million dollar names by any stretch of the imagination. What they are though, are terrific branding domains that could be put to good use spreading the company’s message.
I would love to see some build outs on these domain names in the future. Some of these are really great names that could be used to promote the beer industry instead of collecting those dreaded virtual cobwebs.
Best Non-Beer Brewery Owned Domain Names
- BeerTax.com – Registered since 1996 by ABInBev. Does not resolve. Could be a great site to promote the beer industry. Explain to people how much tax is collected and where that money goes. Used pre-2007 as a site for government officials to read about policy affecting the beer industry – dormant since then.
- FreshBeer.com – Registered since 1998 by ABInBev. AB used FreshBeer.com to promote the Born on Dating initiative. Does not resolve since early 2005.
- CraftSoda.com – Registered since 2010. Owned by Heineken since 2016 in a private acquisition by CSC. Domain does not resolve.
- BeerMerchant.com – Registered since 2002. Looks like it was acquired from Buy Domains by MillerCoors in 2012. Tenth and Blake started using the domain recently. Password protected, so most likely for internal training.
- HackJob.com – Registered since 1999. Looks like it was acquired by ABInBev in 2011 for an ad campaign. Redirects to ABInBev corporate website.
- DesignatedDriver.com, DesignatedDrivers.com – Registered since 2001 by ABInBev. Promoted responsibility up until 2006 and then redirected to the AB homepage until around 2015. Does not resolve now.
- BeerEvents.com – Registered since 1999 by Molson Coors. Would be a nice domain to tell what’s in store for the company or a calendar type site. Does not resolve.
- RunWideOpen.com – Registered since 2002 by Molson Coors. Was a Coors Light Nascar advertising campaign years ago. Does not resolve.
- ILikeBeer.com – Registered since 1999. It was a beer joke and parody website until 2005 when it changed ownership. I think ABInBev (through CSC) picked it up by auction in January of this year. Does not resolve.
You can tell most of these domains hosted websites before social media became all the rage. I’m sure they promote these messages on social media now. Don’t they know that’s just building the Facebook and Twitter brands instead of building their own.
I would much rather control my own message with my own domain name. The examples above are great domains for doing just that. Quit taking the easy way out with social media. Use these fantastic domain names!
Expiring Beer, Wine, Spirits Industry Domain Names for Monday November 5, 2018
For the second part of my daily post, I feature my curated list of today’s expiring domain names. I research each of the domain name aftermarkets and go through the drop lists to find the best available domain names for beer, wine and spirits companies.
These domain names are perfect branding opportunities for breweries, wineries, distillers, distributors, retailers, vendors, etc., even cannabis companies. You never know, your company’s exact match domain name may be on the list. You can acquire premium domains, often at a huge discount, in the aftermarket.
Click on the links below to see the current prices: I am not including hyperlinks the first week while I’m still getting my processes down. The domains below are expiring today, if you have any questions about a domain name feel free to contact Andy here. I can help you acquire it.
Beer Distro Domain of the Day: Slanger.com – Beer slanger is a title nowadays. Slangers are street vendors. Ever heard of dope slangers?
Staunton.com – There are three breweries in Staunton, Virginia. Staunton Brewing Company could be the 4th.
Livetown.com – Nice brandable domain for a local taproom with live entertainment.
Transmodal.com – Killer domain name for a trucking or logistics firm. It’s a word meaning more that one mode of transportation.
BuyChardonnay.com – A call to action for buying Chardonnay wine. Yes, I had to make sure my spelling was correct on Chardonnay.
CraftBrewedBeers.com – A little long, but it tells everyone exactly what you do. Singular better than plural here.
BuyFineWine.com – Where you go to buy fine wine.
BarleyMart.com – Where brewers go to buy their barley.
SmoothAsSilk.com – Great tagline for spirits. Looks like Kessler Whiskey beat everyone to it. Now they just need the dotcom.
RiverBud.com – Decent AB wholesaler name. River Budweiser Distributing Company. Not too bad.
StartupWine.com – Show folks how to start a winery with this domain.
WineItalia.com – Wine from Italy.
SisterSoul.com – Great brandable domain for a woman owned brewery or winery.
LimeFuel.com – Another name for Lime-A-Rita?
BrewBooks.com – Nice name for site or store selling books about beer.
Volcanoland.com – New brewery in Hawaii.
NextCrafts.com – Decent craft beer wholesaler name. Singular is better, but plural also works.
MountDesert.com – Mount Desert Island in Maine. Hey, they have a brewery there, too.
VictoryValley.com – Good brandable name for distributor or brewery.
AmBrand.com – I thought it was AmBev when I first caught a glimpse.
There were a few really great domain names on the list today. Hope you enjoyed it. Have a great Monday.
See you tomorrow,