I enjoy surveying recent sales of beer domain names. I do this to check prices, gauge interest and see who’s buying the names. I’ve witnessed a growing demand for generic beer domain names over the last few months and the higher sales prices confirm my suspicions.
Going forward I’ll keep track of the most interesting sales, especially some of the domains that I feature in my daily Beer Distro expired lists.
Recent Beer Domain Name Sales
- BeerSupplies.com – Sold for $401 back in October at GoDaddy expired auctions and acquired by an individual from India.
- BeerCo.com – Sold for $898 at NameJet. Purchased by Frank Schilling and is now in the Uni portfolio. This would have been a nice purchase for BeerCo/City Beverage in Ohio.
- BeerBox.com – Sold for $11,000 at Uni. The beer event vending machine company uses GoBeerBox.com, but I don’t think they’re the ones who purchased BeerBox.com. The GoBeerBox.com guys are going to kick themselves for not going ahead and trading up to buy the exact match name. That $11,000 is cheap compared to the confusion and lost sales when BeerBox.com is used for a different product.
- NewYorkBeer.com – This GoDaddy expired auction domain sold for $1,000 to an investor in Florida.
- Beer100.com – This domain sold in a GoDaddy expired auction for $1,741 in September. Purchased by an individual in Romania. Beer 100 was a beer information portal that has been online since 2000.
- DarkBeers.com – $2,400 on Flippa back in July. The domain was in Tucows’ Yummynames portfolio. Sold to an unknown buyer and registered under privacy.
- Beerio.com – This domain was featured in our expiring names list just last week. It sold for $293 at GoDaddy. Beer.io sold for $2,500, I would much rather have Beerio.com.
Expiring Beer, Wine and Spirits Industry Domain Names for Tuesday November 20, 2018
For the next part of my daily post, I feature a curated list of today’s expiring domain names. I research the aftermarkets and go through the drop lists to find the best available domain names for beer, wine and spirits companies.
The domain names below are perfect branding opportunities for breweries, wineries, distillers, distributors, retailers, vendors, etc., even cannabis companies. You never know, your company’s exact match domain name may be on the list. You can acquire premium domains, often at a huge discount, in the aftermarket and on the drop.
The domains below are expiring today, if you have any questions about a domain name feel free to contact Andy here. I can help you acquire it. Let me know early – the auctions start at 11AM EST and the drop begins at 2PM EST.
Beer Distro Domain of the Day: CiderAlliance.com – I can see it coming. A group of like-minded cideries get together and start buying up all the other cideries. Pretty soon the Cider Alliance has a monopoly on the North American cider trade.
BeerChapel.com – Sounds like a quiet and relaxing place to sit and have a beer.
BeerShares.com – There should be customer loyalty programs from breweries that give away shares in their companies.
Fens.com – Quite a few English Ales brewed in the Fens. This domain has some age, too. Since 1997.
CaliCrest.com – Sounds like a California beer wholesaler name.
IowaBud.com – Sounds like an Iowa Anheuser-Busch wholesaler.
DesMoinesBud.com – This one too!
CraftBeerBox.com – You think the Beer Box folks from above are watching this domain? I like this one better than GoBeerBox.com.
DraftAdvisors.com – I see Draft Advisors first as a fantasy football draft advisor, and then second as an advisor for draft beer systems.
Icier.com – Cold connotations are good when it has to do with beer. I’m on the fence with icy, but I know I’d want to be iciest.
HalifaxBrewery.com – There are a bunch of breweries in Halifax. If I owned one of them, I would want this domain. Then I could be THE Halifax Brewery.
PortugeseWines.com – Yes, they make very good wine in Portugal.
BeverageGeeks.com – There are a whole bunch of these guys.
VinaSales.com – Not a bad name for wine wholesaler.
Choctails.com – Chocolate cocktails. Sign me up!
DisplayPictures.com – Yes, we take these several times a day in the beer business. But when I see this domain, I automatically think of Polaroids tacked up on bulletin boards. Shows my age.
Quickaz.com – My name if I owned a convenience store in Arizona.
RetailersRock.com – Number one hit performed live at NBWA Conference this year.
FastBanner.com – The fastest banner printer on the market.
NeonParty.com – We had a neon party when our neon beer signs were delivered to the warehouse. Never failed, half of the neon signs would be broken upon delivery.
Hope you enjoyed the lists today. We’re getting ready for a nice, warm Thanksgiving on the Coast! Hope sales are up for the holiday.
See you tomorrow,